Five-Minute Friday {grace}

image from Pinterest
image from Pinterest

Do you want fair? Or do you want grace?

Fair wants the good to be rewarded and the wrongs to be called out.

Fair says not you but Me, Me, Me.

Fair says you have to say it this way, raise your hands this way and only go here and not there.

Fair says you do the crime you do the time.

Fair is what we want when our team is offended and we scream “that’s not fair!

Our mama’s told us to play fair. Don’t cheat. Take your turn.

And grace disrupts and says who cares about the what because I care about you.

Grace doesn’t play fair.

Grace says everyone is welcome no matter how we look, how we sound, where we go or what we say.

Grace welcomes the less than, the forgotten and grace welcomes them first. Before the fair-play folks.

You can play fair. You can keep the rules and keep score but me? I want grace. Give me grace, always, grace.

He, after all, loves each of us—good and evil, kind and cruel. He causes the sun to rise and shine on evil and good alike. He causes the rain to water the fields of the righteous and the fields of the sinner. – Matthew 5:45

Linking up today with Lisa-Jo Baker for Five Minute Friday. To join in or read other posts click here.

29 thoughts on “Five-Minute Friday {grace}

1. Kimberly

Absolutely beautiful words. Thank you so much. They blessed my heart today.

1. Debby

Thank you Kimberly, and your words blessed mine.

2. calvin creech (@CreechYahoo)

ms. major ive come to realize that “fair” is the place we buy cotton candy—-lol

1. Debby

Calvin – I’m with you! We’re much better off with grace.

3. calvin creech (@CreechYahoo)

ms. major ive come to realize that “fair” is the place we buy cotton candy—-lol

1. Debby

Calvin – I’m with you! We’re much better off with grace.

4. Mama's Empty Nest

Oh boy, I am living this one right now. Even though it is absolutely not fair, God is teaching me to have grace (I’m trying!). 🙂

1. Debby

I just read your last post today. I seem to get them the day after. You’ve been in my thoughts since reading it. I’ll go over to comment there but know I’m thinking of you. Thanks for sharing here, “mama”.

5. Mama's Empty Nest

1. Debby

6. bluecottonmemory

Love this – I sure do want people to play fair – I like justice – but am learning that grace is so much more encompassing! wishing you much grace this weekend!

7. bluecottonmemory

8. Lisa

Profound! Lovely writing…even more lovely topic! Truly, grace disrupts. I want to play by the grace rules too. Thanks for a superb contribution to FMF.

1. Debby

Thank you for your kind words, Lisa. Grace is truly amazing!

9. Lisa

1. Debby

Thank you for your kind words, Lisa. Grace is truly amazing!

10. Caddo

This wonderful reminder always shuts my mouth. God bless you BIG–love, sis Caddo

11. Caddo

12. Kimberly A Edwards

I love the truth of this post, Debby. Thanks!

13. Kimberly A Edwards

I love the truth of this post, Debby. Thanks!

14. Mia

Dear Debby
    Your post reminds me so much of our Lord’s words that even our enemies love their brother/family. But grace enables us to see our enemy through God’s eyes and to love them with His true love!
    Blessings XX
    Mia

1. Debby

Yes, Mia, grace is a game-changer. And I’m so thankful!

15. Mia

Dear Debby
    Blessings XX
    Mia

1. Debby

Yes, Mia, grace is a game-changer. And I’m so thankful!