This risky, uncertain life: Embrace it

Embrace today
the now
the unknown
uncertain

Embrace failure
new things
trying
the learning

Embrace making a mess
letting it go
reaching out
reaching for more

Embrace the parts of you that don’t fit
that are awkward and a singular beauty

Embrace grief
its loss that was full
full of hope
joy
promise

Embrace the sweet memories it brings.

Embrace faith
the invisible known
the unseen next step
His word, His call, His love, His grace

“Pursue a righteous lifeβ€”a life of wonder, faith, love, steadiness, courtesy. Run hard and fast in the faith. Seize the eternal life, the life you were called to, the life you so fervently embraced in the presence of so many witnesses.” 1 Timothy 6:11

18 thoughts on “This risky, uncertain life: Embrace it

1. maxinemarieoe

Yes to all of this! πŸ™‚ It is amazing what happens when we embrace everything that life throws at us instead of wasting time trying to ignore it, or manage it our way.
    Your neighbor on FMF

1. Debby Hudson

Glad you’ve joined with the celebration of Gods grace Maxine.

2. Annie Rim

Thanks for this pep-talk! I needed it on this super windy, snowy morning that has started spring break early…. πŸ˜‰

1. Debby Hudson

Oh my! Embracing isn’t always the easier way Annie. But maybe the way of freedom. Hope you all can embrace the snowy days with shared warmth.

3. hopeful50

I’m very impressed with your IG photos and you and your words and NOW POETRY???? xo

1. Debby Hudson

No one is more surprised than me Susan! πŸ™‚

1. Debby Hudson

Oh yes, Gabriele – very scary!

4. Tara L Ulrich

This line really spoke to me: “Embrace it because it moved you, stirred your inner being and filled you with life.” I’m over in the 6 spot this week.

1. Debby Hudson

Thanks Tara, you’re a great encourager.

5. Anita Ojeda

This is beautiful, Debby! I especially liked the line about embrace making a mess–that’s hard for me to do (I’m a closet perfectionist). But sometimes, God just wants us to dive in a get messy and let HIM work it all out!

1. Debby Hudson

That’s a hard one for me too Anita. I’ve come to realize one reason I’m drawn to photography is it’s not that messy. But it’s my issue, not one of God’s. Isn’t that always the way πŸ˜‰

6. Lesley

So true- we have to embrace life with all its uncertainties. It’s not always easy to embrace the messes and failures but we can certainly learn from them when we do.

1. Debby Hudson

I suspect he didn’t intend of it to be easy, did he Lesley? And I just make it worse for myself looking for that easy way. So thankful for his grace.

7. Christy R

Debby so simple, yet so beautiful. Words I need to remember as so many things are unsettled in our lives right now.

1. Debby Hudson

I’m sorry you’re going through a time when life feels unsettled, Christy. That’s never easy. Praying God God will bring clarity and assurance to you.

8. Jeannie Prinsen

I love your thoughts here: this part in particular:
    “Embrace grief,its loss that was full
    full of hope
    joy
    promise
    Embrace the sweet memories it brings.”

I can relate to that process of embracing the good things that come from something lost — even though the loss itself is not good. Thanks so much for sharing.

Jeannie (#27 in FMF this week)

1. Debby Hudson

Grief is something that keeps playing a part in my life, Jeannie, as I’ve recognized any loss can bring grief. You’re right, the loss can be devastating yet God brings good from it. So thankful for that and for your words claiming that in your life too.