Five-Minute Friday {hold}

The instructions are simple, write for an unedited 5 minutes on the word provided by our host, Kate Motaung. Then stop by other word-loving FMF bloggers to leave encouragement on their post. I confess. Sometimes I go a teeny bit over the 5 minutes and yeah, I might edit a word or two. But no skipping sharing encouragement to other brave writers. Ready?

GO

We’re in a busy place or crossing a street and we reach for their hand to hold, keeping safe our children, sometimes our parents.

Our hands hold things to give or cling for safety. They share with another, raise a cup of joy. I’m fascinated with the gifts hands hold, an outward expression of our hearts.

family christmas  family christmas

cheers

kk gloves

3 generations

Mamas hands black and white

Somethings I’ve held too long: fear, anxiety, resentments. The challenge is for an open heart to let go knowing not everything held close is good.

let go

There comes a time we let go of their hands. We let go of the physical touch but the heart still holds. We let go of our fears and hold to the faith we claim that while our physical touch is absent, God’s touch is the only one that can really protect, provide. His are the only hands that can hold it all and never let go.

1. stacyvoss said:

So beautifully said and the images add so much! Thanks for sharing! Stopping by from #FMF

September 19, 2014
    • Debby said:

Thank you Stacy. Glad you stopped by.

September 19, 2014
  2. Oh wow, I teared up with this–so good. I better follow again….

September 22, 2014
    • Debby said:

Sorry to be late in responding. Just getting home from a week away. Thanks for your kind words, Fig…Fig Tree…;) You are such an encourager.

September 29, 2014
  3. Oh wow, I teared up with this–so good. I better follow again….

September 22, 2014
    • Debby said:

September 29, 2014
  4. Some things are worth holding onto and some are better left go. Loved the photos in this post. And of course, your words…always.

September 22, 2014
    • Debby said:

Not sure why letting go of some things can be so hard, Cindy. Nothing unique to me, I know. Thank you for your continued encouragement. Sorry to be late in responding. Seems like we were gone forever but it was only 9 days. Sign of age? 😉

September 29, 2014
  5. Some things are worth holding onto and some are better left go. Loved the photos in this post. And of course, your words…always.

September 22, 2014