Five-Minute Friday {YES}

Friday, looking at a bonus day extending the weekend.

Friday, with the weekly laundry to wash and groceries to buy.

Friday melting in to the Saturday when college football season finally returns and brings with it more yelling at people who, thankfully, can’t hear us but this is what we do when our favorite sport returns.

IMG_2437

empty tea cup

The end of the week that brings opportunities to linger over breakfast, a chance to play or being instead of doing for a while. A chance to come together with our faith community Sunday that always brings new grace.

A time to say no to the ‘should’ and YES to the unknown possibilities. To say YES to living wholehearted, weak and trembling, but learning we are made in the image of God and he is waiting to say YES to us.

Linking up with the weekly Five-Minute Friday blog party at Kate Motaung‘s place. Stop over and share your words on this weeks prompt.

1. I love weekends too. It’s easier to hear and experience the rhythms of grace then, I think. Thanks, Debby. Stay blessed!

• Debby said:

Thanks Mari-Anna. Have a good weekend.

September 4, 2015
  2. I love weekends too. It’s easier to hear and experience the rhythms of grace then, I think. Thanks, Debby. Stay blessed!

• Debby said:

Thanks Mari-Anna. Have a good weekend.

• Debby said:

Thanks, Cindy. You too. Hope you enjoy a nice country drive with doors thrown open to catch the breeze of friendship 🙂

3. Ruthie Gray said:

What a refreshing, fun post! Saying no to the “should” and yes to the unknown possibilities. And YES – our family is looking forward to all being together for FOOTBALL too!!!!

• Debby said:

Go Team! Ruthie 🙂 I am so guilty of the should’s in life. Let’s make rooting for our teams one of those this weekend 😉

4. Ruthie Gray said:

5. Sylvia R said:

It blessed me to read this and be reminded to think of the weekend this way. I felt my shoulders relaxing and my straight-across mouth becoming a smile. Life’s been too over-full around here lately, and wow, have those weekend breaks from the “should” ever been important! You’ve got me looking forward, too! Thanks.

• Debby said:

Maybe it’s one season spilling into the other, Sylvia, I don’t know but it’s been over-full around here too. Be refreshed this weekend!

6. Sylvia R said:

September 4, 2015
  7. Ah yes, I feel relaxed just READING about the weekend in your post 🙂 Family time, un-rushed meals, worshiping the Lord together… Have a blessed long weekend, Debby! I’m your FMF link-up neighbor, #42!
    Amy @ http://www.livinglifetruth.com/

• Debby said:

Thanks for stopping by Amy. Hope your weekend is brings a time of refreshment for you and your family.

September 4, 2015
  8. Ah yes, I feel relaxed just READING about the weekend in your post 🙂 Family time, un-rushed meals, worshiping the Lord together… Have a blessed long weekend, Debby! I’m your FMF link-up neighbor, #42!
    Amy @ http://www.livinglifetruth.com/

September 4, 2015

Love this! I’m going to look at this weekend in a new light. Even though we’ve got tons of chores, I’m looking forward to being with Frank as we work together.

• Debby said:

I postponed a couple of my ‘chores’ today, Annie. They’ll still be there 😉 Enjoy your time together!