Five-Minute Friday (time)

Bad time.

On time.

Making time.

Wasting time.

Got, got, got no time.

You got the time?

Does anyone really know what time it is?

Part-time

All the time

Sometime

Six-eight time

Aint’ nobody got time for that.

Outta time

Wasting time.

Making time.

The times they are a changing

Time, time, time, keeps on slipping….

We are confined to and bound by time. Yet, we believe in a God who knows no time, no limits, who is the Beginning and the End. He is the First and will be the Last as we define time because time cannot define Him.

This is one of God’s great mysteries. It is the mystery beyond my comprehension yet the mystery that pulls me to Him like a drummer drawn to the beat, keeping time to His glorious rhythm.

He decided to measure our lives with time. He decided that day would be separate from the night, from the rising of the sun to the going down of the same, His name is praised.

In Him there is no time but how I can understand what I cannot know? How do you understand eternity when our days are numbered?

Lack of understanding gives way to acceptance, to surrender.

“He was supreme in the beginning and—leading the resurrection parade—he is supreme in the end. From beginning to end he’s there, towering far above everything, everyone. So spacious is he, so roomy, that everything of God finds its proper place in him without crowding. Not only that, but all the broken and dislocated pieces of the universe—people and things, animals and atoms—get properly fixed and fit together in vibrant harmonies, all because of his death, his blood that poured down from the cross.” Colossians 1:18-20 the Message

Linking up with Kate Motaung for our 5-minute frenzy of writing, give or take a minute and frenzy or two. Hope over to add your voice and encouragement.

16 thoughts on “Five-Minute Friday (time)

1. Tara

Loved this post. So catchy. And also thought provoking. Visiting from FMF where I’m in the #11 spot.

1. Debby Hudson

Thanks Tara. Good luck with your book writing!

2. Annie Rim

I never thought of it before, but it is kind of funny that God would create us to be so bound by time when he is not. I wonder if he did it to get a chuckle or to teach us something greater. (I know… The latter; always the latter!) 😉 Love your words!

1. Debby Hudson

I don’t know Annie, can’t it be a little bit of both? It’s fun to consider. But He is an amazing teacher and sometimes humor is a good lesson 😉

3. Gabriele

What do we learn by living lives measured by time? I suppose time pushes us to change. It makes us question what we are doing here in this limited life time. Oh, gosh, you made me think. I don’t have time for that. Ha! Ha!

1. Debby Hudson

It can completely boggle my mind. I think that’s exactly why the stream of words just came to me. Clearly, I’m no Einstein or Hawkins. I don’t have time for that either, Gabriele! 😉

4. Anita Ojeda

Yep! I’ll be wanting to sit down and have a discussion about time with God–for now I content myself with acknowledging that I have an infinite mind.

1. Debby Hudson

Ah, yes! An infinite mind. I’m not sure I feel that way about mine often but it’s true, God gives us that especially if we are to be like him. Good reminder, Anita.

5. Kirstin

I love what you did with this post, and it was a helpful reminder to what I was struggling with in mine (right after yours on FMF). I do not understand why God gives us the particular burdens we have to bear, but I have to trust in a plan I do not understand and move forward.

1. Debby Hudson

Understanding and trust, so different aren’t they Kirstin? Thanks for stopping by and for your encouraging words.

6. Jeanne Takenaka

Debby, now I’ve got a bunch of songs scrolling through my head. Thanks a lot! 😉 Love how you worked your post this week. It’s always intrigued me that God measures our days with time. Separating day and night. We count seconds, minutes, hours. We grow older as each passes. We are constrained by frames of time, but God sure isn’t. I’m so grateful that He’s beyond time and can be in every single moment. Amazing.

1. Debby Hudson

You’re welcome for the soundtrack playing in your mind I wonder if He knew we needed this reminder that we aren’t God? I sure do! Thanks for sharing your thoughts Jeanne.

7. Linda Stoll

What a cool post … it’s amazing what can pour out in all of 300 seconds, isn’t it, Debby?

May this weekend give you lovely pockets of TIME where you can find refreshment and joy …

1. Debby Hudson

Couldn’t get the words out of my head late last night. It’s been a long week with lots of sickness around us and both of us having a bit of it but I’m glad to say we’re on the road for a long weekend with our daughter and family. Thanks Linda!

8. carlybenson

I love this post- very thought-provoking and beautiful writing. Especially loved this line- “It is the mystery beyond my comprehension yet the mystery that pulls me to Him like a drummer drawn to the beat, keeping time to His glorious rhythm.”

1. Debby Hudson

Thanks for those lovely words of encouragement Carly!